Whirlpool Oven Error Code F3, F4, F3-E1, F3-E2, F3-E3
When your Whirlpool oven displays error codes F3, F4, F3-E1, F3-E2, or F3-E3, it’s indicating a problem with the oven’s temperature sensor. This sensor plays a crucial role in maintaining the correct cooking temperature. When it fails, it can lead to inaccurate temperature control and cooking issues.
Possible Part Failures:
The most common culprits behind these error codes are:
- Temperature Sensor: The sensor itself may be malfunctioning.
- Wire Harness: The wiring that connects the sensor to the control board might be damaged or loose.
- Main Control Board: The control board, which receives information from the temperature sensor, may also be at fault.
Possible DIY Solution:
- Safety First: Always disconnect the power to the oven before attempting any repairs.
- Inspect the Sensor and Wire Harness: Check the temperature sensor and its wire harness for loose or damaged connections. Replace either part if you find physical damage.
- Test the Sensor: Use an ohmmeter to test the resistance of the sensor. At room temperature, it should read approximately 1080 ohms. If the reading deviates significantly, replace the sensor.
- Check All Connections: Ensure that all other connections are secure and properly seated.
- Consider Main Control Board Replacement: If the temperature sensor and wire harness check out, and the problem persists, it’s advisable to replace the main control board.
By understanding these error codes and following the suggested DIY solutions, you can address the issue with your Whirlpool oven’s temperature sensor. However, if you’re unsure or the problem persists, don’t hesitate to seek professional appliance repair services. The precise diagnosis and repair of these components are vital to ensure your oven functions correctly, providing you with reliable and consistent cooking results.Schedule Appointment