Whirlpool Dryer Error Code F:23
When your Whirlpool dryer displays Error Code F:23, it means that the control system has detected an electrically shorted outlet thermistor, also known as a temperature sensor. This error is indicative of a potential issue with the temperature-sensing component in your dryer.
Here’s what you need to know about this error and how to resolve it:
1. What is the Outlet Thermistor?
- The outlet thermistor is a crucial component in your dryer’s temperature regulation system. It’s responsible for measuring the temperature of the outgoing air and ensuring that your dryer operates within safe temperature limits.
2. Understanding the Error:
- Error Code F:23 signifies that the outlet thermistor has experienced an electrical short. This can result from a malfunction within the thermistor itself.
3. Steps to Diagnose and Resolve the Error:
- To address this issue, follow these steps:
a. Safety First: Before you start any diagnostic or repair work, unplug the dryer from the power source to ensure your safety.
b. Access the Thermistor: Locate the outlet thermistor in your dryer. It is usually positioned in the air duct, often near the heating element.
c. Check Resistance: Use a multimeter to measure the resistance of the thermistor. A healthy thermistor should typically show a resistance of about 10,000 ohms at room temperature. If the resistance is significantly different, it likely indicates a faulty thermistor.
d. Replace the Thermistor: If the thermistor’s resistance is out of the normal range, it’s best to replace it. You can find a replacement thermistor that matches your dryer’s model and specifications.
Resolving Error Code F:23 in your Whirlpool dryer is crucial to ensure the appliance operates safely and efficiently. By following these steps, you can diagnose and resolve the issue or seek assistance from professionals if needed.Schedule Appointment