Viking Dishwasher Clogged Filter
When your Viking dishwasher refuses to drain, a frequently overlooked culprit is a dirty filter. The filter plays a crucial role in preventing large food particles from obstructing the drain pump, but it requires regular cleaning to maintain optimal functionality. Failure to clean the filter regularly can result in water accumulation in the wash tub, hindering the draining process. To avoid this, it is advisable to incorporate filter cleaning into your monthly dishwasher maintenance routine.
How to Clean a Viking Dishwasher Filter:
- Remove the Bottom Rack: Take out the bottom rack to access the dishwasher’s filtration system.
- Coarse Filter Removal: Squeeze the tabs on either side of the coarse filter and lift it up to remove it from its position.
- Fine Filter Removal: Twist the fine filter counterclockwise and lift it upward for easy access.
- Rinse Both Components: Rinse both the coarse and fine filters separately under running water to dislodge any accumulated debris.
- Gentle Scrubbing: Gently scrub any lingering debris on the filters using a soft bristle brush, ensuring thorough cleanliness.
- Replace the Fine Filter: After cleaning, place the fine filter back into its position and secure it by twisting it clockwise.
- Reinstall the Coarse Filter: Push the coarse filter down until the tabs click securely in place, ensuring a snug fit.
By diligently following these steps, you can maintain a clean and efficient filter, preventing clogs and promoting proper drainage in your Viking dishwasher. Regular filter maintenance is a simple yet effective way to ensure the smooth operation of your dishwasher and extend its lifespan.Schedule Appointment