Thermador Oven Error Code E118
Your Thermador oven is a marvel of engineering, designed to deliver culinary perfection. However, like any sophisticated appliance, it may occasionally display error codes. One such error code is E118, indicating an issue with the upper oven cooling fan.
Troubleshooting E118 Error:
- Safety First: Before attempting any troubleshooting, ensure your oven is disconnected from electrical power to avoid any accidents.
- Check Wire Harness Connections: Start by inspecting the wire harness connections related to the upper oven cooling fan and the upper oven cooling fan hall sensor, also known as the tachometer. Loose or disconnected wires can be the root cause of the problem.
- Reconnect or Replace Wires: If you find any loose wires, reconnect them securely. Additionally, examine the wire harnesses for any visible damage. If you identify damaged wires, they should be replaced.
- Testing the Upper Oven Cooling Fan: To ascertain if the upper oven cooling fan is functional, activate it. If the fan fails to run, it’s a clear indication of a malfunction. In such a case, replacing the upper oven cooling fan is necessary.
- Testing the Upper Oven Cooling Fan Hall Sensor: If the cooling fan runs correctly during testing, the issue may lie with the hall sensor. Replacing the upper oven cooling fan hall sensor may be required to rectify the problem.
Understanding and addressing Thermador oven error codes like E118 is essential to ensure your oven continues to provide top-notch performance. If you encounter this error code and are uncertain about the steps or lack the tools to resolve it, don’t hesitate to contact our expert technicians at Appliance Repair Los Angeles. We specialize in diagnosing and repairing high-end appliances like Thermador ovens, ensuring they function flawlessly.Schedule Appointment