Thermador Oven Error Code E101 or E104
Thermador ovens are renowned for their precision and reliability. However, even the most dependable appliances can experience hiccups from time to time. If your Thermador oven displays error codes E101 or E104, it’s signaling an issue with the upper oven temperature sensor.
Steps to Diagnose and Resolve Error Code E101 or E104:
- Safety First: Disconnect electrical power to the oven. Safety is paramount when dealing with appliance issues.
- Inspect the Temperature Sensor Wire Harness:Examine the upper oven temperature sensor wire harness carefully. Look for any loose or disconnected wires. If you find any loose wires, securely reconnect them. If the wire harness appears damaged, it should be replaced.
- Resistance Check with a Multimeter:
- To ensure the sensor’s functionality, use a multimeter to measure the upper oven temperature sensor’s resistance.
- At approximately 70 degrees Fahrenheit, you should measure about 1,080 ohms of resistance.
- If the resistance reading deviates significantly from this value, it indicates a faulty sensor, and you should replace it.
- Examine the Electronic Oven Control Board:
- If both the sensor resistance and wire harness check out as okay, the issue may lie with the electronic oven control board.
- The control board is the “brain” of your oven, responsible for regulating temperature and other functions.
- If you’ve ruled out other causes and suspect the control board is malfunctioning, it might need to be replaced.