Thermador Dishwasher Error Code E18
In the world of household appliances, Thermador dishwashers are renowned for their quality and cutting-edge features. However, even the best appliances can encounter issues. One of the most common challenges that Thermador dishwasher users may face is the E18 error code. This code typically signals a problem related to water level or water flow in the dishwasher.
Understanding the E18 Error Code
When your Thermador dishwasher displays the E18 error code, it’s essential to recognize that this code usually indicates one of two primary issues:
- Low Water Level: The dishwasher is not receiving an adequate amount of water, which can hinder its ability to perform a wash cycle effectively.
- Water Flow Obstruction: Something is obstructing the water flow, preventing it from reaching the dishwasher’s components properly.
Troubleshooting the E18 Error:
Here’s how to address the E18 error code step by step:
- Safety First: Unplug the dishwasher and ensure that the power is turned off before proceeding with any troubleshooting.
- Check the Inlet Hose: Examine the inlet hose for any kinks, bends, or damage. A kinked hose can restrict water flow to the dishwasher. Straighten the hose if necessary.
- Ensure Sufficient Water Supply: Verify that your water supply delivers at least 10 liters of water per minute. Inadequate water pressure can trigger the E18 error.
- Cleaning the Inlet Hose Filter: If the error persists, it’s time to clean the filter in the inlet hose. A clogged filter can obstruct water flow. The filter location may vary based on your dishwasher model, so refer to your user manual for specific instructions.
For a visual guide on how to clean the inlet hose filter and address the E18 error, you can watch instructional videos available online. These videos can provide a clear, step-by-step demonstration of the process, ensuring that you can perform the task correctly.
While the E18 error code on your Thermador dishwasher can be frustrating, addressing it is often a manageable task. By following the steps mentioned above and referring to your user manual, you can troubleshoot the issue and restore your dishwasher’s functionality. Remember to prioritize safety by disconnecting the power before making any checks or adjustments.Schedule Appointment