Samsung Washer Error Code OE, OF
Error code meaning: Overflow error
Samsung Washer Error Codes OE and OF both relate to an overflow error caused by excessive detergent usage. When too much washing powder or liquid is added, it can lead to suds and an overflow situation and it becomes apparent when the level sensor sends a signal to the washing machine indicating that there is more water than is required for the chosen program. In order to drain the water, the machine stops washing and activates the pump.
Preventing Error Codes OE and OF Due to Excessive Detergent:
- Use the Right Detergent Amount: Always follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding the amount of detergent to use for your specific washing machine and the size of your load. Using too much detergent can result in excessive suds and overflow.
- Select the Correct Detergent Type: Ensure that you are using the appropriate type of detergent recommended for your washing machine. Some machines require high-efficiency (HE) detergent, while others may use regular detergent.
- Avoid Overloading: Overloading the washing machine can cause detergent and water to splash around, leading to suds and potential overflow. Follow the recommended load capacity for your washer.
- Use a Detergent Measuring Cup: To avoid guesswork, use a measuring cup or dispenser designed for detergent. This helps you accurately measure and dispense the right amount of detergent for each load.
- Rinse Out Excess Detergent: If you suspect that too much detergent was used in a previous wash, run an additional rinse cycle without adding detergent to ensure that excess detergent residue is removed from your clothes and the washer.
- Regular Maintenance: Periodically clean the detergent drawer and any detergent compartments in your washing machine to prevent the buildup of detergent residue.