Miele Dryer Error Code F1 / F2
When your Miele dryer displays Error Code F1 or F2, it signifies that the NTC heater sensor has short-circuited. The NTC sensor is a crucial component that monitors and regulates the dryer’s temperature. A short-circuit in this sensor can lead to incorrect temperature readings, potentially affecting the dryer’s performance and safety.
Possible Causes of Error Code F1 / F2
Several factors can lead to a short-circuit in the NTC heater sensor:
- Moisture Buildup: Moisture infiltration into the sensor area can damage the NTC sensor and cause a short-circuit.
- Wiring Issues: Damaged or frayed wires connecting the NTC sensor to the control board can disrupt the sensor’s functionality and trigger the error code.
- Sensor Malfunction: Over time, the NTC sensor may wear out or malfunction, leading to a short-circuit.
Resolving Miele Dryer Error Code F1 / F2
If you encounter Error Code F1 or F2 on your Miele dryer, there are steps you can take to diagnose and potentially resolve the issue:
- Check for Moisture: Ensure that the NTC sensor and its surrounding area are completely dry. If moisture is present, thoroughly dry the sensor and the wiring. Address any leaks or sources of moisture that may be affecting the sensor.
- Inspect Wiring: Examine the wiring connecting the NTC sensor to the control board. Look for visible damage, fraying, or loose connections. If you find any issues, repair or replace the wiring as necessary.
- Replace NTC Sensor: If moisture or wiring problems are ruled out, and the NTC sensor continues to trigger the error code, consider replacing the sensor. Consult your Miele dryer’s user manual or seek professional assistance for this task.