Maytag Dishwasher Error Code 6-4 or F6E4
Encountering the Maytag dishwasher error code 6-4 or F6E4 can be perplexing, but fear not – we’re here to guide you through understanding and resolving this issue. This error specifically points to a situation where the float switch is open, indicating a potential problem with the dishwasher’s water level regulation.
Understanding the Error:
When the dishwasher’s float switch is open, it means that the mechanism responsible for monitoring the water level is not in its proper position. This can occur if the float switch is stuck or if an object is obstructing its movement.
- Inspect the Float Switch:
- Begin by opening the dishwasher door and locating the float switch. It’s usually situated at the bottom of the dishwasher’s tub.
- Carefully examine the float switch to ensure it can move freely without any obstructions.
- Check for Obstructions:
- Look for any items, debris, or utensils that might be lodged underneath the float switch, preventing it from moving as intended.
- If any obstructions are found, carefully remove them to allow the float switch to function properly.
- Verify the Water Inlet Valve:
- Assess the water inlet valve to confirm that it is shutting off the water supply when the dishwasher is not in operation.
- A malfunctioning water inlet valve may lead to an overfill situation, triggering the float switch error.
- After performing these checks, close the dishwasher door and restart the dishwasher to see if the error persists.
- If the issue continues, it is advisable to seek professional assistance. Certified technicians, such as those at Appliance Repair Los Angeles, can conduct a thorough examination of the float switch and related components to identify and address the root cause of the problem.