Lg Oven Error Code: F24
Error Code F24 suggests a problem with the steam thermistor, a component that measures steam temperature and regulates steam functions. When it remains open (indicating no electrical continuity) for an extended period after the steam heater has been operating, it can impede proper steaming.
- Immediate Action: If you encounter Error Code F24, the first step is to stop the steam and oven operation for safety.
- Inspect the Steam Thermistor: Carefully examine the steam thermistor for any visible damage or signs of malfunction. This includes checking for loose wires, damaged components, or corrosion.
- Check Wiring Connections: Inspect the wiring connections of the steam thermistor. Ensure that the wires are correctly connected, without any frayed or damaged sections.
- Resistance Testing: Use a multimeter to measure the resistance of the steam thermistor. Consult your oven’s manual for the expected resistance values. If the readings do not fall within the specified range, it indicates a malfunctioning thermistor that may need replacement.
- Reset the Oven: After addressing potential issues, reset the oven by turning it off and then back on. Observe if the error code reappears. Sometimes, a simple reset can resolve minor thermistor-related problems.
- Professional Assistance: If Error Code F24 persists or if you suspect that the steam thermistor needs replacement, it is advisable to contact a professional technician. They can perform a comprehensive diagnostic check, identify the specific problem, and recommend and conduct any necessary repairs or replacements.