Kitchenaid Washer Error Code FdL
Error code FdL on your KitchenAid washer indicates a door lock error. This occurs when the door lock mechanism is either broken or removed, or there is a failure in the door switch/lock unit. The washer attempts to lock itself during this error six times before displaying the FdL code.
Disconnect power to the washer and unplug it from the electrical outlet before proceeding.
Check Door Lock Mechanism:
Inspect the door lock mechanism for any visible damage. Replace it if broken or missing.
Inspect Door Switch/Lock Unit:
- Examine the door switch/lock unit, usually located around the perimeter of the door.
- Check for signs of wear, damage, or malfunction.
- Ensure the unit is securely in place.
Check Wire Harness Connections:
- Examine the wire harness connections to both the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the door switch/lock unit.
- Ensure the connections are secure and free from damage.
Power On and Retry:
- Reconnect power to the washer and plug it back in.
- Restart the washer and observe whether the FdL error persists.
Remember, safety is paramount when troubleshooting appliances. If you are unsure or uncomfortable performing any of these steps, it’s recommended to seek the expertise of a certified technician to ensure a thorough examination and resolution of the FdL error on your KitchenAid washer.Schedule Appointment