Kitchenaid Refrigerator Error Code 25E
Error code 25E on your KitchenAid refrigerator signals a potential issue with the defrost heater. This error occurs when the defrost heater is either registering as open or has been in operation continuously for more than 80 minutes. The defrost heater is a crucial component responsible for preventing ice buildup on the evaporator coils.
- Defective Defrost Heater: The defrost heater may be malfunctioning, leading to the error code.
- Continuous Operation: The heater may be operating continuously, surpassing the recommended 80-minute limit.
Check Defrost Heater Continuity:
- Utilize a multimeter to test the continuity of the defrost heater.
- If no continuity is detected, it indicates a potential open circuit, and the heater may need replacement.
Inspect Defrost Timer:
- Ensure that the defrost timer is functioning correctly.
- A faulty timer can lead to prolonged operation of the defrost heater.
Verify Thermistor Operation:
- Check the thermistor, a temperature-sensing device, to ensure it is providing accurate readings.
- An inaccurate thermistor can cause extended defrost cycles.
Clear Ice Buildup:
- If there is visible ice buildup on the evaporator coils, clear it carefully.
- Excessive ice can cause the defrost heater to operate continuously.
- If the multimeter indicates no continuity in the defrost heater, replacing the heater is recommended.
- Consult with a professional technician, such as those at Appliance Repair Los Angeles, for accurate diagnosis and replacement.
- Address any issues with the defrost timer or thermistor to prevent recurrence.
Remember, attempting to replace components without proper expertise may lead to further damage. For a comprehensive assessment and resolution of KitchenAid Refrigerator Error Code 25E, seek the assistance of qualified professionals.Schedule Appointment