Kitchenaid Refrigerator Error Code 14E
Error code 14E on your KitchenAid refrigerator signifies a malfunction in the ice maker sensor. This sensor plays a crucial role in the proper functioning of the ice maker, ensuring the timely production and release of ice. When this error occurs, it indicates that the sensor or its associated components may be experiencing issues.
- Loose Wires: The wiring connected to the ice maker sensor may have become loose, disrupting the communication between the sensor and the refrigerator’s control system.
- Faulty Wire Harness: The wire harness that connects the sensor to the refrigerator’s main control board may be damaged or faulty, hindering the sensor’s performance.
- Inspect Sensor Wires:
- Locate the ice maker sensor, usually positioned in the ice maker assembly.
- Check for any visibly loose or disconnected wires attached to the sensor.
- Reconnect Wires:
- If loose wires are identified, carefully reconnect them to the appropriate terminals on the sensor.
- Ensure a secure connection to restore proper communication.
- Check Wire Harness:
- Examine the wire harness that runs from the ice maker sensor to the refrigerator’s control board.
- Look for any signs of damage, wear, or fraying in the wire harness.
- Replace Faulty Wire Harness:
- If the wire harness is damaged, consider replacing it with a new, compatible harness.
- Ensure the replacement harness is securely connected to both the sensor and the control board.
- Power Cycle the Refrigerator:
- Turn off the refrigerator and unplug it from the power source.
- Wait for a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.
- Monitor the appliance to see if the error code persists.
Addressing error code 14E promptly ensures the continued efficient operation of your KitchenAid refrigerator’s ice maker.Schedule Appointment