Kitchenaid Dishwasher Error Code 6-6 or F6E6
If your KitchenAid dishwasher displays the error code 6-6 or F6E6, it indicates an issue with the incoming water temperature being too cold. The dishwasher requires a certain water temperature for optimal performance, and if the temperature falls below the specified range, it can lead to problems in the cleaning and washing cycles.
- Low Water Temperature: The water entering the dishwasher is colder than the recommended range.
- Faulty Thermistor/OWI (Optical Water Indicator): The sensor responsible for measuring water temperature may be malfunctioning.
- Electronic Control Board Issue: The dishwasher’s control board, which regulates various functions, might be faulty.
Check Water Temperature:
- Use an accurate thermometer to measure the temperature of the water entering the dishwasher.
- If the water temperature is below 110 degrees Fahrenheit, inspect your water heater for issues.
Inspect the Water Heater:
- Ensure that the water heater is functioning correctly.
- If the water heater is the culprit, address any issues or consider adjusting its settings to achieve the desired temperature.
Verify Normal Water Temperature:
- If the water temperature is within the normal range (110 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit), the problem may lie with the thermistor/OWI or the electronic control board.
Replace Thermistor/OWI or Electronic Control Board:
- Consult the dishwasher’s tech sheet for a diagnostic test specific to the thermistor.
- If the thermistor is found to be defective, replace it.
- If the issue persists, or if the diagnostic test points to a problem with the electronic control board, consider replacing it.
Addressing the KitchenAid Dishwasher Error Code 6-6 or F6E6 promptly will help restore your dishwasher’s performance and ensure that it operates efficiently for the optimal cleaning of your dishes.Schedule Appointment