Kitchenaid Dishwasher Error Code 6-2 or F6E2
When your KitchenAid dishwasher displays the Error Code 6-2 or F6E2, it indicates a water inlet valve failure. The water inlet valve plays a crucial role in allowing water to enter the dishwasher during various cycles. A malfunction in this component can disrupt the normal operation of your dishwasher.
- Disconnect Power:
- Unplug the dishwasher to ensure your safety while performing troubleshooting.
- Access the Bottom Front Panel:
- Remove the bottom front access panel and toe panel of the dishwasher to gain access to the internal components.
- Inspect Wire Harness Connections:
- Check the wire harness connections on the water inlet valve for any loose or disconnected wires.
- Reconnect any wires that may have come loose during operation.
- Examine Wire Harness for Damage:
- Inspect the wire harness for any visible damage. If the harness is damaged, it needs to be replaced.
- Check Water Inlet Valve Resistance:
- Use a multimeter to measure the resistance of the water inlet valve.
- A properly functioning water inlet valve should show around 1,400 ohms of resistance. If the reading is infinite, indicating an open circuit, the water inlet valve needs replacement.
- Replace Water Inlet Valve:
- If the resistance measurement is not within the specified range, replace the water inlet valve with a new, compatible component.
- Consider Electronic Control Board Replacement:
- If the issue persists even after replacing the water inlet valve, the electronic control board may be faulty. Consider replacing the electronic control board to ensure the overall functionality of the dishwasher.
While these steps can be taken by DIY enthusiasts, it’s crucial to seek professional assistance, especially for electrical components and complex repairs.Schedule Appointment