Kitchenaid Dishwasher Error Code 1-2 or F1E2
When your KitchenAid dishwasher displays Error Code 1-2 or F1E2, it signifies a challenge with the appliance’s internal memory on the control board. This error is often associated with damaged or corrupted memory and the presence of incompatible software components within the microprocessor.
- Damaged Control Board Memory: Over time, wear and tear or electrical issues may compromise the integrity of the control board’s memory.
- Incompatible Software Components: An internal conflict within the microprocessor due to incompatible software components can trigger this error.
- Power Cycle the Dishwasher:
- Shut off power to the dishwasher by unplugging it or turning off the circuit breaker.
- Allow the dishwasher to remain without power for at least 5 minutes.
- Restore Power:
- After the 5-minute interval, restore power to the dishwasher.
- Observe if the error code reappears on the display.
- Code Persistence:
- If the error code returns upon restoring power, it indicates a persistent issue.
- Professional Assessment:
- Given the complex nature of control board-related errors, it is advisable to seek professional assistance.
- Control Board Replacement:
- If deemed necessary by the technician, replacing the electronic control board may be the ultimate solution.
- A damaged control board may hinder the dishwasher’s performance and functionality.