Kenmore Refrigerator Error Code F dH
The F dH error code indicates that the sensor in your Kenmore refrigerator’s defrost system did not reach a temperature above 40°F during the defrost cycle. This error can disrupt the normal operation of your refrigerator, potentially leading to issues with cooling and food preservation.
Common Causes of the F dH Error:
- Faulty Fuse: A blown fuse in the defrost system can prevent the sensor from reaching the desired temperature.
- Defective Heater: The defrost heater is responsible for melting frost and ice buildup in the freezer. A malfunctioning heater can lead to temperature issues and trigger the error code.
- Control Board Problems: The control board regulates the defrost cycle. Malfunctions in the control board can disrupt the defrost process.
DIY Solutions for F dH Error:
While some F dH error causes may require professional assistance, you can attempt some preliminary troubleshooting:
- Reset the Refrigerator: Start by unplugging the refrigerator for a few minutes and then plugging it back in. Sometimes, this simple reset can resolve minor issues.
- Check the Defrost Heater: Inspect the defrost heater for any visible damage, such as burnt-out sections or breaks. If you notice damage, the heater may need replacement.
- Examine the Control Board: Ensure that the control board is functioning properly. Look for any signs of burnt or damaged components. If you find problems, you may need to replace the control board.
When to Call the Professionals:
If the error persists after attempting these DIY solutions, or if you’re unsure about diagnosing and fixing the issue on your own, it’s advisable to contact professional appliance repair technicians. They have the expertise and tools to accurately identify the problem causing the F dH error and perform the necessary repairs.Schedule Appointment