Kenmore Dishwasher Error Code 6-1 or F6E1
Your Kenmore dishwasher can sometimes display error codes like 6-1 or F6E1, indicating a specific issue with the appliance. In this article, we’ll explore the potential causes of this error code and provide you with comprehensive troubleshooting steps and solutions to resolve it.
This error code typically indicates a problem with the dishwasher’s ability to fill with water. Here’s what you can do to diagnose and address the issue:
1. Check for Overfill Float Obstruction:
- The overfill float is a crucial component that can get stuck, preventing the dishwasher from filling with water. Inspect for any items lodged under the overfill float and remove them if found. This can often resolve the problem.
2. Unblock the Overfill Float:
- If the overfill float is stuck in the “up” position, it can impede the dishwasher’s filling process. To correct this, unplug the dishwasher to disconnect it from electrical power and shut off the water supply valve.
3. Inspect the Water Inlet Valve:
- Disconnect the water supply line from the water inlet valve and check the water inlet valve screen for clogs. If you find the screen clogged, debris from the clog can enter the valve body, causing the valve to stick open and potentially lead to a kitchen flood. In this case, it’s advisable to replace the water valve.
4. Verify Water Supply:
- If the screen is clear and there are no issues with the water inlet valve, place the end of the water supply line in a shallow pan and briefly open the water supply valve to check if water flows from the supply line. If water doesn’t flow, you might need to have a plumber repair the water supply to your dishwasher.
5. Inspect Wiring Connections:
- Check the wiring connections on the water inlet valve. If you find any loose wires, reconnect them securely. If the wires are damaged, consider replacing the wire harness.
6. Potential Component Replacement:
- If all the above steps don’t resolve the issue, you may need to consider replacing the water inlet valve or the electronic control board, as one of these components might be malfunctioning.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you can often identify and rectify the issue causing the Kenmore dishwasher error code 6-1 or F6E1. However, if you’re uncertain about performing these tasks or if the problem persists, it’s advisable to contact a professional appliance repair technician.Schedule Appointment