Kenmore Dishwasher Error Code 1-2 or F1E2
Is your Kenmore dishwasher displaying the error code 1-2 (F1E2)? This error code indicates a specific problem related to the dishwasher’s control board. It can be a frustrating issue to encounter, but with the right guidance, you can work toward a solution. Let’s delve deeper into what this error code means and how you can address it.
Error Code 1-2 (F1E2): What Does It Signify?
The error code 1-2 (F1E2) often points to issues with the dishwasher’s control board memory. It can result from damaged or corrupted memory on the control board or the presence of incompatible software components inside the microprocessor. When this error code appears, your dishwasher may not operate as expected, and it may be unresponsive to your commands.
Steps to Resolve Kenmore Dishwasher Error Code 1-2 (F1E2):
- To start, shut off the power to the dishwasher by turning off the circuit breaker or unplugging it. Leave it powered down for about 5 minutes.
- Powering down the dishwasher is akin to rebooting a computer, and it can help clear temporary glitches or memory errors.
- After the 5-minute interval, restore power to the dishwasher.
- Observe whether the error code reappears. In some cases, a simple power cycle can resolve the issue.
- If the error code persists after the power cycle, it indicates a more significant problem with the control board.
- At this point, it’s advisable to contact a professional appliance technician, such as those at Appliance Repair Los Angeles.