GE Oven Error Code: F6
The GE Oven Error Code F6 typically points to a problem with the oven’s control board or the communication between the control board and other components. It often indicates a failure in the communication circuit. Here are some steps you can take to address the F6 error code on your GE oven:
- Power Cycle the Oven:
- Turn off the oven by unplugging it or switching off the circuit breaker.
- Wait for a few minutes, then restore power to the oven.
- Check if the error code has cleared. If not, proceed to the next steps.
- Check Wiring and Connections:
- Inspect the wiring and connections between the control board and other components, such as the oven sensor and the keypad.
- Ensure that all wires and connections are secure and not damaged. If you find loose or damaged connections, address them appropriately.
- Control Board Inspection:
- If the wiring and connections appear to be in good condition, the problem may lie with the control board itself.
- Consider having a professional technician inspect and, if necessary, replace the control board. They have the expertise and tools to diagnose control board issues accurately.
- Professional Assistance:
- If you are unsure about diagnosing or repairing the F6 error code, it’s advisable to contact a qualified appliance repair technician. They can identify and resolve the issue correctly and safely.
Always remember to disconnect the oven from the power source before attempting any repairs. The F6 error code can be complex, and resolving it may require professional expertise to ensure the safe and proper functioning of your GE oven.Schedule Appointment