GE Oven Error Code: F0
The GE Oven Error Code F0 typically indicates a problem with the oven’s temperature sensor (also known as the oven sensor or oven probe). This sensor is responsible for monitoring the oven’s temperature and sending feedback to the control board. An F0 error suggests that there’s an issue with the sensor’s circuit or its resistance is out of the expected range.
- Power Cycle the Oven:
- Turn off the oven by unplugging it or switching off the circuit breaker.
- Wait for a few minutes, then restore power to the oven.
- Check if the error code has cleared. If not, proceed to the next steps.
- Check the Temperature Sensor:
- Access the temperature sensor, which is usually located at the back of the oven interior. It’s a small rod-shaped component.
- Inspect the sensor for any visible damage or loose connections.
- If you find any issues, replace the temperature sensor.
- Test the Sensor Resistance:
- Use a multimeter to check the resistance of the sensor. A fully functional sensor typically has a resistance of around 1080 ohms at room temperature.
- If the resistance reading is significantly out of this range, the sensor is likely faulty and should be replaced.
- Control Board Inspection:
- If the temperature sensor is in good condition, the problem may be with the control board. In such cases, you may need to have the control board professionally inspected and, if necessary, replaced.
Remember to ensure the oven is disconnected from the power source before attempting any repairs. If the F0 error persists despite your best efforts, it’s best to seek professional help to avoid further complications and ensure the safe and proper functioning of your GE oven.Schedule Appointment