GE Dishwasher Error Code: C8
When your GE dishwasher displays error code C8, it typically points to an issue with the detergent dispenser. Here’s a detailed guide on what this error code signifies and how to address it:
1. Remove Blockage in Dispenser Cover: If you encounter error code C8, the first step is to check and remove any obstructions in the detergent dispenser cover. Follow these steps:
- Inspect the detergent dispenser cover carefully for any objects or residue that may be preventing it from opening properly.
- Remove any blockages, debris, or buildup that could be interfering with the cover’s functionality.
2. Restart the Dishwasher: After ensuring the detergent dispenser cover is free from obstructions, shut the cover securely and restart a wash cycle on the dishwasher.
3. Monitor the Dispenser Cover: Approximately 20-30 seconds into the wash cycle, check to see if the detergent dispenser cover opens as it should. It should release the detergent at the appropriate time during the cycle. If it opens as expected, the problem is resolved. If the cover remains closed or malfunctioning, continue with the following steps.
4. Replace the Detergent Dispenser: If the detergent dispenser cover does not open as it should or the detergent dispenser itself is broken or damaged, it may need replacement. Follow these steps:
- Identify the specific model of your GE dishwasher to ensure you order the correct replacement part.
- Obtain a new Detergent Dispenser Assembly as a replacement part.
- Carefully remove the damaged or malfunctioning detergent dispenser from your dishwasher.
- Install the new Detergent Dispenser Assembly in its place according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
By following these troubleshooting and replacement steps, you can effectively address GE Dishwasher error code C8. Ensure that you use the correct replacement part for your specific dishwasher model to ensure smooth and efficient detergent dispensing during your dishwasher’s cycles.Schedule Appointment