GE Dishwasher Error Code: C3
GE Dishwasher error code C3 can be an indication of underlying issues with your appliance. Here’s a detailed guide on what this error code means and how to address it:
1. Disconnect Power and Reset: The first step when encountering error code C3 is to disconnect the power to the dishwasher at the circuit breaker. This helps to perform a complete reset of the dishwasher. Follow these steps:
- Locate your home’s electrical circuit breaker panel.
- Find the circuit breaker that controls power to your dishwasher and switch it to the “off” position. Ensure the dishwasher is completely disconnected from power.
Allow the dishwasher to remain disconnected for about 30 seconds. This time allows the dishwasher’s control board to reset and clear any temporary glitches.
- After 30 seconds, switch the circuit breaker back to the “on” position, providing power to the dishwasher again.
- Turn on the dishwasher and observe if the error code C3 is cleared.
2. Monitor for Persistence: Once you’ve reset the dishwasher, monitor its operation for some time. Ensure it completes its cycles without displaying the error code. If the problem persists and error code C3 reappears, it may indicate an underlying issue with the appliance that requires professional service.
3. Contact Service: If error code C3 continues to be displayed after the power reset and you’ve ensured the dishwasher is properly installed and all connections are secure, it’s advisable to contact a service technician. This error code could point to more complex electrical or control board issues that require expert diagnosis and repair.Schedule Appointment