Bosch Washer Error Code Er:14
If you own a Bosch washer and have encountered the error code Er:14, it’s essential to understand its meaning and how to resolve it. This specific error code points to an “Overfill level reached” situation. In other words, the washer has detected that it has too much water inside, and this is a problem that needs attention. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to address this issue.
What Does Error Code Er:14 Mean?
The Er:14 error code is a safeguard built into Bosch washers to prevent overfilling. When the washer detects an excessive amount of water inside the drum, it triggers this error code. This situation can occur due to a couple of different reasons:
- Water Level Pressure Switch Defect: If the washer is not overfilled but still shows the Er:14 error, it’s likely that the water level pressure switch is malfunctioning. This switch is responsible for measuring the water level inside the washer.
- Overfilled Washer: If the washer is indeed overfilled, there might be an issue with the water inlet valve, which controls the flow of water into the machine.
How to Troubleshoot and Resolve Er:14 Error:
Here’s a step-by-step guide to troubleshoot and resolve the Er:14 error on your Bosch washer:
- Check for Overfilling: First, ensure that the washer is not genuinely overfilled. If it is, shut off the water supply faucets located behind the washer to prevent further water intake.
- Drain Excess Water: The washer will activate the drain pump continuously when displaying the Er:14 code. This pump is designed to expel excess water. Allow it to run until the water level decreases.
- Unplug the Washer: To ensure safety, unplug the washer from the electrical supply.
- Inspect Water Inlet Valve: If you suspect an overfilled washer, inspect the water inlet valve assembly. If water continues to flow into the machine with the power disconnected, it’s likely that the water inlet valve assembly is faulty and needs replacement.
- Check Water Level Pressure Switch: If you believe the washer is not overfilled but still displays the Er:14 error, the water level pressure switch might be defective. It’s best to consult with a professional technician to diagnose and replace this component if necessary.
Resolving the Er:14 error code may require some technical expertise. If you’re unsure about the cause or unable to resolve it on your own, it’s wise to seek the assistance of a certified appliance repair technician. They can diagnose the issue accurately and ensure your Bosch washer functions properly once again. Don’t let the Er:14 error disrupt your laundry routine; take the necessary steps to address it promptly.Schedule Appointment