Bosch Dishwasher Error code E28
When your Bosch dishwasher displays Error Code E28, it signifies a problem with the Aqua Sensor. The Aqua Sensor is a critical component that monitors the cleanliness of the water during the wash cycle. If the sensor detects that the water is not clean enough, it adjusts the cycle to ensure your dishes are thoroughly washed. However, when the Aqua Sensor malfunctions, it can lead to issues like improper cleaning and, as a result, the E28 error code is triggered.
Possible Causes of E28 Error:
- Aqua Sensor Malfunction: The most common cause of Error Code E28 is a malfunctioning Aqua Sensor. This can happen due to sensor wear and tear or electronic component issues.
- Water Supply Problems: Insufficient water supply to the dishwasher can also trigger the E28 error code. Check if the water inlet valve is functioning correctly and if there are no obstructions in the water supply.
- Clogged Filters: Clogged filters or a dirty sump can lead to water quality issues, causing the Aqua Sensor to detect impurities and trigger the error code.
DIY Solutions for Bosch Dishwasher E28 Error:
- Check the Water Supply: Ensure that the dishwasher is receiving an adequate water supply. Inspect the water inlet valve for any blockages or damage.
- Clean Filters and Sump: Regularly clean the dishwasher’s filters and sump to ensure optimal water quality. Remove any debris or foreign objects that may be affecting water cleanliness.
- Inspect the Aqua Sensor: Carefully examine the Aqua Sensor for any visible damage. If it appears worn or damaged, it may need replacement.
- Reset the Dishwasher: Try resetting the dishwasher by turning it off, unplugging it for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in. This may clear the error code.